RSCOE Central Library i.e. Jayawant Library is a well-established computerized Library with a large collection of textbooks, reference books, technical journals, educational DVDs and CDs for all courses offered through RSCOE. In addition to print copies of relevant journals, the library has also subscribed international online journal databases like IEEE, ASME, ASCE, ACM, EBSCO, Science Direct, ASTM, J-Gate(JET and (JSMS), which can be accessed and downloaded through internet facility available in Digital Library (DL)and all departments of the college. NPTEL video Lectures delivered by India’s best teachers are also available in library.
Library has taken renowned outside Library membership like British Council Library, Pune, Automotive Research Association of India, Pune, and IIT Mumbai Central Library for providing resources which are not available in Jayawant Library. The Library has separate reading area, reference section, digital library room, audio visual room, periodicals section etc to facilitate fullest utilization of the available resources by the students and staff.
In order to avail maximum output in providing relevant information sources, the open access is provided to all the members of the library. The reading materials have been classified according to Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC). It works as a nerve center of the institution by keeping the knowledge of students and faculty members updated. The Information sources and services are constantly updated and the facilities are added periodically to keep pace with the recent developments in various areas of knowledge.
To strengthen knowledge culture in the institution by availing information sources online and in print by applying innovative tools of Library & Information Science (LIS) and relevant collections.
To avail quality and relevant information sources physically and virtually by applying best practices in LIS.
Working days: 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Before and During Examinations: 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
Weekends and Holidays: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
1. Books are the property of College.
2. Keep silence in the Reading Hall.
3. Keep your bags in property counter.
4. Students and faculty members are members of library.
5. UG and Polytechnic students can issue three books for ten days. PG students in engineering can issue five books for fifteen days.
6. Books will be issued to Library card holders only.
7. Books may be reissued if there is no claim on it.
8. Online Renewal facility is available on the Web OPAC.
9. A fine of Re.1- per day and per book will be charged on expiry of return date.
10. A fine of Rs. 25- per group of student will be collected after non -receiving of book sets after one week of semester examinations.
11. Student has to get the copy of lost book.
12. Only back issues of journals will be issued outside.
13. Do not damage the book in any form.
14. No reference books will be issued.
15. In case of loss of library card inform librarian immediately.
16. Books issued need to be returned before proceeding for vacation.
17. Students need to communicate if any change in contact details.
18. Library clearance is must to terminate the membership.
19. Outside students and faculty need to take permission of the principal for using library.
20. Management and principal reserves incidental right.